Friday, June 8, 2007

random thought

Brady and I have always preferred our children to drink milk, very, diluted juice, or water. It was a rare occasion for any of our three to drink tea, soda, etc. Well by #3, I'd say we have gotten a little lax, but we do try our best to stick to it. Ok, so what I am getting around to saying is this: Until recently and particularly this week, I realized my children don't even know the names of sodas. Emma and Abby have known for about a year about Diet Dr. Pepper, but that just could not have been helped. DDP fans, you know what I am talking about. Well, since Emma has been in school this past year and since daycamp started a couple of weeks ago, she has learned almost EVERY soda there is!! I heard her telling Abby about Pepsi and Mountain Dew, so now Abby knows this too! Anyway, I feel like we should get an award or something for not raising our kids on sodas or at least keeping it from them for so long. Just thought this was interesting and a little amazing in this day and age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud that my Grandchildren have not drank sodas. And, yes I think you deserve an award!