Sunday, December 14, 2008

To Rehab She Went

Mom was moved to Northport DCH Rehabilitation on Friday which was earlier than we had thought. We had a pretty bad scare Saturday morning with her breathing. She began gasping for air and after much intervention and a chest x-ray, they found the problem. Fluid on her lungs. She almost got put in Nport DCH ICU. After a totally exhausting day yesterday, Mom is much better today. She still needs a lot more rest. A lot of the fluid is gone, but some is still hanging out around the lungs, so Mom's pulmonologist might drain it using a needle. Hopefully she will recover from this episode soon and can start ripping and roaring up and down the halls! ;0

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the updates, kim. glad to hear things are better now. i know you must be completely exhausted. just hang in there and let us know how we can help. love you.

hilda said...

It's good to know that she's at Northport Rehab. They are wonderful there. I would stop by to see her, but I've been sick and don't want to add to her illness. Please tell her hi and to hang in there.

Anonymous said...

We'll continue to pray that she will be up ripping and roaring soon. Emma's notes remind me of Brenna. Brenna has left the tooth fairy notes on two occasions asking what her name is.

Love yall!

Niki Arendale said...

How exciting is that!! She is "one tough cookie". I know this has been a long road and there is still a journey ahead but hang in there. Prayer is a fabulous thing.

hicksfamilycircus said...

My goodness girl! I'm exhausted for you and your mom. Still praying for ya!

Anonymous said...

Still of thinking of you! Take care of YOURSELF.

Lots of love,
Lana

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim
Just wanted to tell you that I am so glad your mother is doing better, and I continue to pray for her as well as you.
Ashley