Tuesday, December 16, 2008
To Move Her Back Or Not??
This is the question we are facing at the moment. Although mom is in "rehab", she really isn't doing any rehabilitation. She hasn't been able to move much since the fluid retention in and around her lungs. The pulmonologist finally decided to order the procedure where they insert the needle into the lung area and pull off the fluid. This procedure was done this morning removing 900 cc (almost an entire liter) of fluid!!!! She was drowning in it!!! Today she finally got some relief. Next, they did an echocardiogram. Her pulmonologist expressed his concern that her heart might not be pushing fluid effectively. So we wait. Again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
More prayers your way... My concern after reading this is that it sounds like the start of congestive heart failure. Be her advocate, and speak up. If she were my mom I would want her moved back. Rehab is for just that, rehab, not a thorasintesis. WOW that was a lot of fluid. She should feel better and breath easier. Hang in there, you have been going for a long time. Take care of yourself and keep praying, God hears you and knows your heart. If I can help in anyway please let me know.
Praying for healing.
Brandi James
Oh Kim. I wish I could take all of this away from you all. Stay strong. We love you and will continue to be your prayer army. Try to enjoy what little bit of the Christmas season that you can. We are doing the same. Hope to see you soon.
Brandi, you are exactly right. Her doctor mentioned congestive heart failure. Just found out she doesn't have it!!
Kim-I agree with James' Full House. Rehab is for rehab not for acute care type situations. Tell her MD that you would feel more comfortable with your mom back in ICU until things are improved. Be her advocate just as you are for your children. I's sure your mom feels like a new person with all that fluid off her lungs. God love her. Try to stay positive and strong.
Post a Comment