Friday, December 26, 2008
6 Hours!!!!!
That's how long mom got to stay with us on Christmas day! The kids were so excited they ran right out the door to meet mom when Brady arrived home with her. Once inside she sat in her wheelchair and watched the kids open their gifts. Even Cooper, our kitty, was happy to see her! It was bittersweet for mom, though. She was so happy to be there, but sad at the same time. She so wanted to get out of her wheelchair and play with Emma, Abby, and John Brady. When mom started crying the kids, came running with open arms and hugged her until she felt better. It was an amazing Christmas. One that I will never forget. With all that's happened in the past 6 weeks with mom added to a super busy time of year should have equaled a lot of stress, but it really wasn't. It was a very different Christmas. Year after year we sometimes forget the true meaning of Christmas. Not this time and hopefully, not ever again! Our family has been so blessed, and I will be forever grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's good to hear that she's doing better. She's a tough one!!! Hang in there Kim and she'll be home before you know it.
I am so glad that your mom was well enough to get out and spend Christmas with you and your family. What a wonderful gift. I hope that as we enter the new year, she will continue to become stronger.
Remember, take care of YOURSELF!
Lana
That's great! That was probably a great reminder and way of motivating your Mom, for her to realize she has to keep getting better and not give up. So glad ya'll could be together.
that's great, kim! we really enjoyed seeing ya'll christmas eve. love you!
That's great!! I'm sure it was a nice breath of fresh air for your mom to get out. I have not been down as long as your mom but if one thing is going to make her better and motivate her it is her grandkids. Or in my case my kiddos. Take care.
Post a Comment