Friday, December 19, 2008

1st Grade Goes To Huntsville

I traveled to Huntsville on a field trip to see The Historic Huntsville Depot, Santa's Village, and Early Works Museum. The trip was last Friday, which was EXTREMELY COLD!!! We were outside more than inside and I almost froze my hiney off! The kids didn't notice at all!!



In this old train car, the kids listened intently to the story of the Polar Express.



The kids circled round and round this super Christmas village to find different objects, buildings, etc. Lists of the things to find were posted to the walls surrounding the village.




Abby with some of her fellow classmates. See the little guy showing his "muscles"? That is Mitchell! This picture speaks a thousand words, especially about Mitchell.





We stopped at an old diner for hot chocolate and a cookie. This diner is no longer in business and is used just for the tours of the depot. Liz Ann is one of Abby's best friends. :)




3 comments:

Niki Arendale said...

Do you know Lizann's mom, Brandi? She is one of our real goods friends and has been for years. She and Tim have known each other since they were about five. Ben and Brooke love playing and visiting with Lizann and Hudson (Lizann's brother).

Cassie said...

Looks like a fun... and a LONG field trip! You guys packed in a ton! I might would have snuck over there to visit a minute if I knew you guys were up here! BUT... we'll see ya tomorrow!! :)

Kim Lawson said...

Niki, I do know Brandi. Just since Lizann and Abby have been in the same class. I actually talked with her on the phone a few months ago b/c Abby wanted Lizann to join Girl Scouts. Brandi told me about knowing you guys. Small world, huh? Brandi is a hoot and Lizann is adorable!!