Friday, December 5, 2008

Mom Moved Out of ICU!!!

Mom moved out of TSICU and into a regular room on Wednesday. She had a couple of rough days, but now feels much better. Fluid started collecting around mom's lungs so she now she's on Lasix. She is still having high blood pressure, and now her blood sugar level is very high, so they started giving her insulin. My mom is not a diabetic, but her doctor said she might leave the hospital as one. She was sent to dialysis yesterday to help control the fluid collecting in her chest and body(8 1/2 pounds of it!!). Mom also had severe bladder spasms for over 12 hours before they finally figured out the prob and fixed it.

Now for some better news: The doctors are "guesstimating" she might go home in another week!!!! I don't think my mind has totally absorbed that info yet. Physical therapy came today and helped her get on her feet and take a few steps sideways. WOW! If dialysis is still needed after she goes home, she will do that as an outpatient. Home Health will come out to administer the IV antibiotic for 12 weeks.

Mom's come a long, long way since being admitted on November14. She's got a long, long road ahead, but she's strong and she's determined to get home for her grandbabies!!

6 comments:

hicksfamilycircus said...

God love you all. I am so happy she is doing well and hope it continues. I can't imagine all you have been through these last few weeks. I do know however how the power of prayer comforts. YOu are still in ours daily.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news....still a long road, but wonderful news....I pray God's blessings will keep pouring out...in little and big ways. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud that your mom is going better!! I know that you are so proud and relieved. Please, take care of YOURSELF!!

Lana

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

I am so happy to hear this !!! I hope she continues doing great and is home very soon :O)

Anonymous said...

That's great Kim! I will keep praying for you guys. Your mom is really awesome and will pull through this one!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.