Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Not again!!!!!!!

I think the dressing is a little much!

Today, John Brady's teacher called me because John Brady's hand was stuck in the bathroom stall door and they had tried everything to get it out and couldn't so they had called 911!!! By the time I got there, the ambulance was pulling away and Brady was holding a very, very upset John Brady. His little fingers were all red and swollen and we knew we needed to take him to see a doctor. The maintenance people from Open Door were able to remove the door from its hinges just as the rescue squad arrived. We took John Brady to have an x-ray done and it appears that the accident did something to the growth plate in his middle finger. John Brady now has an appointment with the same orthopedist that Emma saw on Monday!!! His finger is probably fine, but we need the orthopedist to check it. You know, if John Brady's middle finger didn't grow properly and he wasn't ever able to flip anyone off, then John Brady would probably hold that against us forever!!! Ha!! Sorry, but, I do have to make light of the situation!! One more thing: Emma's teacher, Ms. Thomas, called us while we were at MedCenter North because Emma had tripped and fallen and hurt her right shoulder (the one with the broken collar bone). Ms Thomas got Emma calmed down and she is fine. Please pray that we have no more accidents. I am soooooo thankful the accidents weren't any worse, but I sure could have done without them!!

8 comments:

hicksfamilycircus said...

Oh My Goodness Kim!! Are you just ready to pull your hair out? I am so glad everyone is ok though. I will pray that the black cloud that seems to be over you will move on (but not over to me)!! Take care!!!

Joy said...

So sorry, my sweet little man. MeMe and Pops love you and will come down soon to cook you what YOU want for dinner!

Anonymous said...

wow - i can't believe this! bless his heart! he looks so sad in that picture. i know that was so scary for him. glad it seems he will be ok. give him our love.

Anonymous said...

Kim, Oh--my--lands...what a freak accident...I hope JB is able to forget it also. I guess he will be scared of all types of doors for a while and rightly so. Hope JB and Em both have a speedy recovery and I sure pray Abby Claire stays accident free!! :) Oh, and if JB happens to ask for Pops to make some Fried Turkey for his special accident dinner, be sure to call me! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely the saddest face I have seen in a long, long time. Hope today everything is brighter but I bet yall didn't get much sleep last night. I suppose you had some babies in pain and a mom and dad too wrung out to sleep. Wrap Abbie in cotton and get through this week.

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Poor John Brady, I agree with everyone he looks so sad. I hope he is feeling better soon and that cute little grin of his is back in action.

The Deavours Family said...

God bless him!!! Makes me wanna cry for him. You might want to put Abby in a "bubble" for the next few days! Hope the Lawson family is back to normal and accident free soon!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious??? Josh called me and said "check the blog, JB3 is hurt too." You should probably quarantine Abby Claire, haha! Best wishes!!!