Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's how it's said, and WHO said it.

As you know potty training John Brady has been, well.........challenging. Yesterday he was to go potty so I went to keep an eye on him. Step one is to "get naked". Step two is to decide "stand or sit". He pulls the seat up so I assume we're standing today, but no, he proceeds to sit. John Brady got mad at me when I told him he needed to put the seat down. He throws himself to the floor and pouts. Emma, "little mommy", comes to assist. Emma bends down next to John Brady and in her "sweet, little mommy voice" says, "John Brady, do you want to potty?" He looked up and said, "Okay." Just like that, he said "okay"!!! And to my amazement he got up and did his business. As Emma walked out of the bathroom she said to me, "He always does what I say." Now, if any of you want Emma's help, just let me know!! She seems to know the trick!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet story. maybe you could charge for emma's services and make a little extra money.

Anonymous said...

John Brady does love his big sister! On a side note.....I can't get the continent song out of my head. Melissa and I were singing it on the way to the ball game.

Anonymous said...

So, can see come live with me for like a week! lol. So, there is hope for Aiden being a good big brother to #3. Amanda