Thursday, August 9, 2007

First Day of School!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today, Emma started 1st grade and Abby Claire started Kindergarten. Emma held Abby's hand escorting her into school. She had already told Abby she will take her to her class everyday (how sweet!). Yesterday while we were at McDonalds, Abby told Christy Albea she had her clothes all picked out for the first day of school. I wanted Abby to wear this cute green and pink dress so I was a little curious as to what Ab had picked for this special day. Abby wanted to wear her shirt that says "My Daddy Rocks". Brady, of course, like her idea, but I objected to this, and agreed to "maybe tomorrow". Emma just had to wear this orange striped shirt! Huntington was CHAOS this morning, especially when John Brady had his melt down when he thought he had to stay at HPES as well. John Brady was just fine as he tried to scale the HPES sign while we were taking pictures!!!!!!!! Once Brady and I got each to their classrooms, we sighed a breath of relief that all was well with the girls. We finally convinced JB3 that he didn't have to start kindergarten, too. Brady picked the girls up from school after waiting in line for 40 minutes!!!! Once Em and Ab got into the car, they oozed with stories from the day. Emma had a wonderful day pf reading and coloring. Abby said she had fun coloring and learning the rules of the school! Ab said "you have to be respectful to others". Abby had to tell everyone that she stayed on green all day. I'm pretty sure Mrs Fanning puts the whole class on green for the 1st day, but I won't tell Abby. When I got home, Emma and Abby were talking with Uncle Josh about their day. Pop also called and talked to everyone. Later, Nanny called to ask about their day and Abby told her that she cried. I asked Abby about it and she confirmed it. I said why did you cry. Abby said, "because I wanted my mommy". Michelle Feltman also called to see how Abby liked her first day of school. Emma and Abby's 1st day of school was great and they are looking forward to tomorrow. It's so hard to believe Abby is a kindergartener! I feel like just the other day we were all calling her "Babby". Abby has carried many nicknames since she was born: Babby (Em started calling Abby this when she tried to say baby and Abby), Abby Care (per Emma again), Babs, Clairie, Crabby Abby, Happy Abby, Happy Abby Doo, Claire Bear, Ab, Abs. Our little Emma and Abby are growing up way too fast. My eyes get a little misty as I think about my babies growing up, but at the same time I am extremely excited to see them maturing and learning.


4 comments:

hicksfamilycircus said...

I'm so glad it went so well. It makes me misty too to think about how fast our babies are growing up too. I can't imagine what it will be like when CP goes to Kindergarten. Love you all.

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

I'm glad the girls got off to a good start. That picture of them holding hands brought tears to my eyes. It was just so precious.

The James Family said...

Hi Kim! I have enjoyed your blog as well. I love the picture of the girls and John Brady out in front of the sign. I laughed so hard!! I can't believe you have two in school now! I know that Lily Grace will be going before we know it, too. I hope school continues to go great for them and have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Two in school. I don't even want to think about our first day of real school yet. Amanda