Sunday, August 19, 2007
Now it's laughable
I can sum this up in two words: morning chaos. The kids and I got up at our usual 5:45-6-ish time. I cooked biscuits, sausage, and gravy, washed a load of clothes, threw the kids in the bathtub, ironed our clothes, etc. The kids were ready for church by 8:30 so they just played while they waited on me and Brady. I figured I had a little time to kill, so I started cleaning out drawers in the girls' bedroom. I then realized I had 45 minutes to get ready so I put it in high gear. I was just about ready and hollered to Brady for everyone to get in the van. Problem: John Brady was M.I.A. Brady opened the door to the garage and there he was! John Brady had squeezed around, no, against the dirty cars and now his nice, crisp, freshly ironed, white shirt and blue and white stripe shorts had black dirt all over them!!!!!!!!! At least he matched, huh? When I saw him my mouth dropped to the floor, and I had to quickly find an alternative outfit that semi-matched what the girls were wearing while Brady scrubbed his hands and face!!! He looked like Santa Claus just down from the chimney. Brady had already gave him a second bath this morning because of a terrible poopy diaper that John Brady tried to remove on his own. We finally all got into the van and headed to church. We arrived only 10 minutes late! I was impressed. I glanced at the girls and down to their feet as we were hurriedly scooting across the parking lot. They were so pretty in their blue and white Sunday dresses but they both had put on FLIP-FLOPS!!! Some flip-flops would be okay, but not these!!!! Eeeeeek! I almost flipped out, then I realized it really didn't matter what they had on; we had made it, we were finally at church!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A sweet story, Kim! You're a "supermom", that's for sure!
It may sound "Sweet", but let me assure you, it was touch and go for a few minutes. You ever seen a family of five start walking to the church, only to turn around, walk back to their vehicle, then turn back around, and go on in. I'm glad you can't see through the stain glass windows to the parking lot. I havn't had a spanking in a long time, but I thought I was going to be fourth in line Sunday morning!
i loved the story. just a typical day in motherhood!!!
Post a Comment