Wednesday, September 5, 2007
PICKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have intended to write about this for over a week now. John Brady had been wanting to sleep with Emma and Abby, so one night when we were absolutely tuckered out from caring for three very rambunctious children and repeatedly putting John Brady back in his bed, Brady and I decided to let him stay in their bed. We knew it probably wouldn't take him long to fall asleep since the girls were already asleep. Brady and I had just drifted off to sleep when we heard CRASH!!!!!!!! My first thought was that Cooper, the cat, had knocked the fish bowl off the counter. I jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen to find John Brady standing in a pool of pickles, pickle juice, and broken glass in front of the refrigerator. He said, I want pickles!" I immediately scooped John Brady up and checked his feet and body for cuts. I washed his feet in the sink and thank goodness, there wasn't a scratch on him. I put him in our bed and went to help Brady clean up the mess. Brady was silently scouring the floor for broken glass and soaking up pickle juice. We have tile in our kitchen so you can imagine how long it took to find all the glass pieces!!! It took us at least thirty minutes to get it all up. After soaking up the juice, picking up the glass, sweeping up the glass, vacuuming up the glass, and mopping up the sticky pickle juice, Brady got his pillow and his blanket and his remote and decided he needed to sleep on the couch!!!! (John Brady was sleeping with me--there was no way I was letting him out of my sight) John Brady turned to me and with his sleepy, droopy eyes and said, "I sowy, Mommy. I sowy, Mommy." He said this until he drifted off to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment