Okay, I have been asked these questions many times: (1) Is it harder going from one child to two or going from two children to three? (2) Is having three children that much harder than two? I have definitely camped in all four campsites since having John Brady 2 1/2 years ago! This past week I have declared my final answer to these questions: YES and YES!!!! Reason for this rant??? Well, we have been having lots of difficulty (a) getting John Brady to go to sleep and (b) keeping him in his bed. This started happening around the time of the pickle incident, so yes, we are EXTREMELY exhausted over this. So exhausted that we sent our little man home with Nanny last night just so we could get some rest. I can guarantee you that we have almost never in our 6 years of parenting asked for assistance because we were tired!! Maybe we have been CRAZY not to, but that has just been our parenting style, I guess. Anyway, as I was getting ready for work this morning I was thinking about how easy last night seemed and how easy it was this morning. So the answer to number 2 is "yes". But certainly don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore my "party of five" and would not trade it for the world!!!!! The only thing I would say that makes baby #3 not so difficult is by that time you are such a seasoned parent so you don't sweat the small stuff. You are a more refined parent and you are much, much, more laid back, which is what I love about it!!! Having more than one and more than two, has made me a better parent. Now as for question number 1: I would say for the most part, yes: it is a little harder at the beginning but as baby #3 gets older it definitely gets more challenging. The only thing that stays the same is the chaos!!! Baby #3 just adds more chaos to the exsiting chaos!!! Still, I love my "party of five" and all of the chaos that comes with it!!!!
Now, I want your feedback. All of you three-fers, four-fers, etc. please chime in and give me your opinions. Even you guys with one or two, let us know your thoughts. Young parents, older parents, grandparents, anyone! Maybe you came from a family of four, five or six yourself. Hopefully I can certainly get some comments from these folks: MeMe (Joy), Julie Thomas, Christy Albea, Amanda Taylor, Michele Hicks, Kim Tyner Bowling, Court, Ms. Sue, Mrs. Debbie Deavours. If I left you out, it certainly wasn't intentional, so please feel free to post your thoughts. Thanks, you guys!
4 comments:
OK so I'll be first but I don't think this question is so fair for me. I think going from 1 to 3 as we did is a special circumstance. However I do believe that once you are out-numbered, as Alex and I call it, there are certain challenges that present themselves that just weren't there before. Definitely with one you can concentrate all your efforts on that one child but as you say with each one you get more seasoned and relaxed. I love and enjoy my circus of 5 too and couldn't imagine it any different!!!
Now, I only have 1 but I would think the hardest transition is really going from no children to your first. Your life will never be the same. I wouldn't want it any other way!
I am going to comment but....it will have to wait until the "little man" has gone home!
I agree! Although I am not very encouraged as I read this, thanks Kim! JK! I am much more laid back with #2, like letting her fall more, etc. I guess #3 will basically raise itself! HA! I do know that Aiden is petted rotten b/c he was the 1st and almost didn't make it, and I am paying for it now! Unfortunately, neither of mine sleep well, so we are always tired. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, and being pregnant isn't helping! But, I am looking forward to #3 coming into our home in 3 months! Prayer....lots of prayer! Amanda
Post a Comment