Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lucky's Last Day

Tuesday was Lucky's last day.  I worked at home most of the day with Lucky at my side.  Later I had to go to the bank so I put her in the van.  I hardly ever let her ride in the seat, but on this day I told her to get in the passenger seat.  Lucky sat in her seat so elegantly gazing toward the road ahead.  She was greeted happily by the teller at the bank drive thru window.  Lucky tried to get into my lap, but quickly sat back down when I told her no.  She always behaved so well.  The teller gave Lucky a doggy treat which she thoroughly enjoyed.  We left the bank and went to Sokol Park for a walk on this beautiful afternoon.  It was perfect weather for a walk with my Lucky girl.  When we got back home, the kids were riding their rip stiks in the driveway, and as always when the kids are outside playing, Lucky couldn't wait to get out there with them.   It was a good day.


A dear and thoughtful friend sent this quote to me.

“How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.”

No comments: