Sunday, January 15, 2012

Brady's 37th Birthday at Alabama's Only Revolving Restaurant

With Brady's birthday being a week before Christmas, it's never really celebrated in true birthday fashion. (well, except for the time I threw him a surprise 30th bday party) This year Brady mentioned wanting to plan something special, so we made dinner reservations for the Lawson Party of Five at the 360 Grill that is located in a super nice Marriott in Florence. We also reserved a room at the Marriott. The kids love staying at hotels, even if it's just one night and only a couple of hours away from home.

So right after the Lawson family Christmas in Priceville we made our way to Florence. The kids were super excited to eat at this fancy rotating restaurant in the sky! Brady and I were just a tad anxious as well!  The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays complete with a HUGE Christmas tree in the foyer.  Once in our room we all changed into our "church" clothes and headed to the restaurant.  All of the tables are facing the outer glass wall.  The rotation speed is very, very slow so no motion sickness!  I wanted to take more pictures inside the restaurant than I did, but felt it was inappropriate at such a nice restaurant.  It was the most extravagant restaurant we had ever taken the kids, but we were very pleased at how well they behaved.  It was an awesome mommy moment!  Napkins in laps, backs up straight, no elbows on table, etc.  And Brady behaved himself, too!  haha!

We had a scrumptious meal and shared two delicious desserts (Creme Brulee and a Trio Sorbet) at 360 Grill.  We left the restaurant and went back to the hotel lobby to get toothbrushes for the kids since I forgot to pack them.  We hung out in the foyer looking at the beautiful Christmas tree and fish aquarium before retiring to our room.  We gave Brady his birthday gifts the next morning and had breakfast at the Marriott restaurant.  Afterwards we warmed by the fire pit on the patio and walked around the pool area.  It's an awesome hotel and hope to stay there again!

We had a great weekend together!  Happy Birthday Brady!  You are the BEST husband and daddy!!

We love you!!


360 Grill


Marriott Hotel


Heading to our dinner reservations


All the tables face outward so you can take in the lights of the city.







a bride and groom checking in after their wedding


the pretty bride is waiting on her groom near the door 
(to the left of the Christmas tree)




Ipod time!


Brady opening his gifts the next morning 
(which was his actual bday)



enjoying the warm fire pit after breakfast




the kids can't wait to come again so
they can play in the pool and
on the slide


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that place! I used to stay there on business and loved it so much me, Brenna and Michelle met Daddy, Bonnie and the boys there one weekend during the summer so the kids could enjoy the pool and slide.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Looks so neat! The kiddos look beautiful all spiffy for the evening! I think I want to go this summer to swim in their pool too!! :)

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Thanks for sharing! Kyler and I are adding this to our wishlist of weekend away locations.