Monday, May 25, 2009

Maybe tonight will be better

Last night was quite interesting, but not at all unusual. John Brady has such a difficult time going to sleep and last night was no different. I had to make him (more like force him) to sit with me until he finally gave it up and went to sleep. I settled back into my nice big chair when Emma appeared in the living room and said that she couldn't sleep. I told her she could get on the couch. Brady left the living room to go to our bed. Emma and I stayed up watching House together until I fell asleep. At some point I woke up and realized Emma had gotten in bed with Brady because I couldn't stay awake with her.

I went back asleep on the couch only to wake up around 11:30 pm when John Brady crawled onto the couch next to me. He said his tummy was hurting. John Brady fell back asleep and I put him in the chair and covered him with a quilt. I went back to sleep on the couch and was awakened a couple of hours later to find John Brady sitting up in the chair drinking a Coke Zero and watching TV!!! Drinking a Coke Zero!! I took the can away and made him lay down again only to be awakened again around 4am when I heard John Brady crying that his tummy was hurting again. He was in his bedroom floor trying to put on clean underwear. He got back on the couch with me after putting his underwear on and told me there was tee-tee in the floor in the bathroom. I got up to find a lot of tee-tee in the floor and a poo-poo filled toilet!! Diarrhea!! I cleaned the tee-tee and followed the brown droplets to his room to the spot where he had been sitting on the carpet trying to change his underwear. I cleaned the carpet and returned to the couch to sleep next to John Brady.

Next Abby appeared in the living room and was upset because she was all alone in her room. I told her to get in the bed with Emma and Brady, but she wanted to stay in the living room with us. So there we were, all three wide awake watching Little House on the Prairie together at 4:30 in the morning! I kept trying to figure out what Charles and Caroline would do. I started to doze off only to be awakened by Abby asking me how the tooth fairy gets inside the house. My eyes sprung open. Yikes!!! Abby's tooth was still under her pillow and it was 5:30 in the morning!! I knew I had a $10 bill in my purse, but no change! So I dug into the back of our closet to get Abby's ziploc piggy bank (her piggy bank was busted by John Brady several months ago when he rolled it off the bed) so I could make change. Yes!!! Thanks to generous grandparents Abby had enough $1 bills to make change. I snuck past Abby and went into her room and put 5 ones under her pillow. I crawled back onto the couch and actually fell asleep. Abby went to sleep, but John Brady stayed awake until 8:30 pm tonight!!!!

7 comments:

The Cannons said...

Whew!I'm tired too after that. Bless your heart, sleepless night mixed w/ swimming all day, they will surely have to sleep tonight.

hicksfamilycircus said...

I hear you loud and clear. I'm right there with you on the sleep-disfunction. Yes, Alex and I are to blame way back when I'm sure but it's our life!! Call me next time. I'll probably be up! I won't have any advice but I can sympathize. Love ya.
Love the Memorial Day pics. Looks like yours was similar to ours!!

courtney said...

wow - im tired too! bless your heart. too funny about Little House on the Prarie. hope yall get some good rest tonight.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Fortunately for Charles and Caroline, they left the set every day and had a good night's rest. Now that Nellie Olsen....I bet she gave her momma fits after dark-thirty. :)

Niki Arendale said...

I'm tired too!! Not just from reading the post and your lack of sleep but from my (our) lack of sleep also. Both Ben & Brooke are in the bed with us. We finally just gave up and allowed them to occupy our bed also. It's still not sound sleep by no means because we are constantly being kicked and pushed to the edge of the bed.
Whenever you come up with a solution please pass it on.

James' Full House said...

Know that if you are up at night or the wee hours of the morning, I am also. My sweet children are not good sleepers. Lil B is awake at least 3-4 times on a given night. Last night Madi was up 3 times for one reason or another. I dream of sleeping.
You are not alone.

Brandi

Kim Lawson said...

It's really nice to to know that others have similar sleep issues. It's like my own little support group! If I do happen to come across the magic solution, answer, or spell, I will certainly pass it along and then I will write my own book! ;)