Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Today we went to mom's house to celebrate mom's birthday. It was mom's wish that we come to her house to eat with her and dad for her birthday. It was also her wish that she do all the cooking!!! Mom cooked a ham, dressing, green beans, potatoes, rice, and rolls. Mom always makes the BEST dressing and bakes an awesome ham. The kids and I baked her a birthday cake. Em, Ab, and JB3 each helped make their own layer, from mixing to the frosting. It was a very cute cake and yummy too!

For her birthday I gave mom a digital photo frame. I spent a lot of time going through about a thousand or more pictures, and saving about 230 to the frame. I started with Emma's birth and ended with mother's day this year. Whew!!! It was a job, but it was SO worth it!!! Going through those pics was certainly a sentimental journey remembering every little story surrounding every little picture. I chose more candid shots than the posed ones, and it tuned out to be the best gift I could have given her. Now I want one for myself. :)

Happy Birthday Mom!!! We love you!!!!!






(john brady had just hurt his tummy right before the pic so he has tears in his eyes--poor thing)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Diane!!!! I forgot my password....

Hilda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dianne!

kimberly t. bowling said...

What great fun for everyone! And kiddos....awesome job on that layered cake!! Looks yummy!