Sunday, March 1, 2009

It snowed and I missed it!

We finally got snow and I totally missed it! I came down with pharyngitis plus an allergic reaction on my eyelids over the weekend so when Brady came to tell me we had snow I just rolled over and said, "Really?" Then I heard John Brady say, "Santa Claus is coming! Hallelujah!!" He is so funny! A little bit later between clawing my eyes and the body aches, I yelled from my bedroom, "Brady, take some pics!" Brady took some pics, all right! All two of them! So when I finally dragged myself out of bed, I took a few, but from the inside.



I know!! I know!! They aren't quite dressed for the occasion, but this is when they first saw it and HAD to go out right then!



This was the view when I ventured out of my room.



Brady made snow ice cream!!








And Lucky took a front seat (a Spongebob fold out seat) to the snow and all it's glory!







Today. after getting a steroid shot, taking a Xyzal (antihistamine), and two Benadryl, I decided I had to see a dermatologist! I could not stop scratching my eyes!! The dermatologist worked me in at 2:30 today. Thank goodness! The doctor said I had contact dermatitis and it was probably from an allergic reaction to the dye in my mascara. I will probably have some testing done to find out for sure. He gave me some samples of eye cream and a Rx, which I couldn't get filled b/c of a discrepancy in the way the script was written and what the pharmacy carries. Ugghhh!
I just took a couple more Benadryl because I can not stop scratching and rubbing my eyes. My eyelids are RAW! I am so MISERABLE! Brady suggested I take something to knock me out to keep from scratching. Typing this has kept my hands busy, but I have stopped several times to scratch, rub, and pat my eyes. Come on, Tylenol PM! I am waiting for you to start working!
Does anyone have any suggestions? Please let me know if you do! Recommend a mascara. Tell me how to deal with the constant itching. Anything!

3 comments:

hicksfamilycircus said...

Kim I hate to hear about your crazy eye rash. I did see the boys (twins)pictures and they are adorable! I got a crazy rash when I was preg with the twins and I used some cream that was pretty good. If i think of it I'll message you. Take care and maybe you should put mittens on to keep your hand off your eyelids. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yea, I'm so happy ya'll got snow; I know the kids really enjoyed it! Hope you're feeling better soon.

kimberly t. bowling said...

I'm going to suggest a shot of morphine.....

And I think I'll have one with you. For old times sake. And plus, after reading about it, my eyelids and eyeballs are starting to itch.

Praying you will get some relief soon. How awful.