Friday, March 20, 2009

An Ingenious Observation........for a 4 yr old

I just can't help but write about the things that come out of John Brady's mouth. Out of the blue on our way home from school, John Brady said, "Momma, the white crayon don't work?" I said, "It doesn't work on white paper, does it?" He said, "on black?" "Yes, son, it works on black paper."

  • Now, I don't know about you, but the white crayon never needed sharpening when it was in my Crayola Crayon Box! You just gotta wonder why there is a white. It's even puzzling to my 4 year old. After a little research, I found that the white crayon was not one of the original colors created in 1903 and it wasn't until 1949 that a white Crayola crayon became available! I wonder why Binney & Smith (the inventors) decided to add the white crayon. Like John Brady said ................. "It don't work."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just too cute!! I saw Brady and the kids at target the other day. Sweet, sweet. Looked like they were having a blast!

The Cannons said...

They never cease to amaze you, do they? They can really come up with good ones!

kimberly t. bowling said...

I'm with JB....who needs the white crayon....unless you are using black paper. Then it makes great snow dots. But me....I love some color, periwinkle, burnt sienna, cornflower, tangerine, violet, sunshine, robin's egg blue, etc.etc.etc.