I haven't posted anything about mom in a while. I've had several folks asking about her so I thought I would give an update. Last Thursday was an exciting day for Mom because it was the FIRST time for her to drive since getting sick in early November and for all three kids spent the night with her and dad!!! We had been sending the kids one at a time because it was just too much on her for all three to go. I tell you it was sight to behold when mom pulled out of the driveway. They even took the kids to Applebee's for dinner!!! When I talked with her the next day, she said she was really tired but it was a GOOD tired!!
Mom continues to improve each day. She gets tired and weak easily, but that's part of the recovery process.
Today is also a big day for her. Mom will get the girls from school for the first time! We didn't tell them so it would be a surprise. I wish I could be there to see their faces when they see Nanny waiting for them!!!
MeMe's pick up day has always been Tuesday and mom's day has been Wednesday. Since mom's illness, MeMe has been getting them on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thank you MeMe for helping us so much!!
The kids enjoy every minute with their grandparents. It's very special to them and us.
2 comments:
I bet they were all beaming with excitement. She is certainly a trooper and an inspiration to us all!
that's great news! thanks for the update!
Post a Comment