Mom was put on dialysis yesterday. They dialyzed her for 2 1/2 hours and pulled 7 pounds of fluid from her. Her swelling and color improved after dialysis. I talked with Dr. White yesterday and he felt like the infection started in her upper body (not sure where) and then spread to her feet. He also said she is a very, very sick person and will be on antibiotics for a long time. Long time meaning months. Dr. White, the infectious disease doctor, was able to get rid of some of the antibiotics and add one, which is what her other doctors needed him to do. He is a specialist in this area and is very good at what he does. My mom is having dialysis again today and hopefully she will tolerate it just as well as yesterday. There still is a good chance her kidney and liver function will return. Mom's lab work from this morning improved in certain areas mostly due to dialysis. Her liver function did worsen which is very disheartening. But on a positive note mom's neurological status has been and remains to be unaffected. Usually when the body is in septic shock, like Mom's, confusion and altered mental status are common. Mom's nurse, Pam, keeps noting how well mom's neurological state is even though her body has become so septic. Pam said she's amazing. That's my mom. AMAZING!!
My dad is having a very difficult time with this. During one of his "down moments", this morning, he cried out, "She's my life." Surprisingly, I can hold it together on the outside when he has these moments, but on the inside it kills me.
Mom has been added to so many prayer lists. It's been truly uplifting to know that so many people love and care for us. I think we have people praying from Dallas, Texas all the way across Missippi, Alabama, Georgia, and down to Orlando, Florida!! Thank you everone!!
11 comments:
Thank you for the status update. I hope you are resting as well as you can. We'll check in on you soon. I am convinced there is nothing more amazing than a strong woman except maybe prayer! You've got lots and lots of prayers coming from the Bham area! Thinking of you constantly!
Hang in there. I know it's easier said than done. We're thinking of you and your family.
Kim we are all praying for your mom here at University COFC. Please remember that prayer is a powerful thing and that she will make it through this. Please tell her that I said hi when she feels better. If you need anything please let me or Kirby know.
Shelley
We will continue to pray for your mother's recovery. Also,for you, your dad and entire family to have the strength needed to see her through this! "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
Kim-Michele has been keeping me posted about your Mom and I wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much for the update. Please know I am here if you need me for anything! I am praying for you all! You and your mother and family are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Love you, Peyton
Kim, sometimes it is easier to write something than to say it....so here goes....I have known Dianne since I moved to Berry but little did I know back then how our lives would be connected. Dianne has got to get better...for Donnie, for you and especially for those three precious Grandbabies. And there it is.....what a connection. Three beautiful grandchildren that share our blood. So Dianne, I have every prayer warrior I know praying for you. Get better Nanny...we all need you!
Love, MeMe
PS Kim, I LOVE the new blog picture of the kids. I want a copy.
MeMe
As always, GOD is our strength in times like these, and friends are our prayer warriors in times like these. You and your family are in our prayers and we are CLAIMING that they will be answered!!!
Kim,
I'm in the Memphis airport with tears rolling down my face becasue it's so powerful to know all these people are praying for your mom. CNN is blaring talking about how the economy is in the tank, but who cares. There's a man behind me that keeps burping really loudly, and that's just funny. I know every chance I think about it, I say a quick, "be with Dianne, Tucker, and Michele." I'll try to see you this weekend.
Love you,
courtney
We are praying for a full recovery. Please let us know if we can do anything for you & your family.
Post a Comment