Mom has been awake much more these past two days, especially today. It's been wonderful to see her awake and able to really "talk" to us!! She's also been eating. I say "eating", it's more like "drinking" her meals. We are totally excited over these improvements and can't wait for more!!
The status of her kidneys and liver are the same. The doctors felt it was now safe to give her a steroid to help with the terrible rash covering her body. They will have to monitor her closely since the steroid can cause swelling and mask the infection. Hopefully she will get some relief from the itching. The drain in her back was removed today. The only downside to her being more alert is that she is more aware of the pain and itching.
I want to take a minute to thank each everyone for your kind words and prayers. I am not sure where we would be without you. I wish I could give each of you a BIG hug!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
I also want to say a special thank you to some of my bestest friends, Christy Albea, Kim Porter, Kim Bowling, Michele Hicks, and Wendy Hall. You guys are wonderful!! I love you all!!
Another special thanks to my sweetheart, Brady! He has been Mr. Mom for over a week now and has done the best job EVER!! Brady, you're my rock, and I love you so much!!
We definitely aren't out of the woods yet, so we still need your thoughts and prayers. My mom is still in TSICU and there has been no mention of when she will be going to a regular room. It will be a long road to recovery.
6 comments:
Glad to hear about the improvements! I'm thinking of ya'll all the time.
love you,
courtney
Glad to know she is more aware. Keep you chin up hon. Was so good to see your kidos yesterday. Got cute pics of them. You never leave my mind. Hoping the trip out of the woods gets shorter and shorter!!
Praise the Lord. I am reminded of the song we sang in church today.
When I am weak you make me strong, when I am poor you make me rich, when I am sick you make me whole, You are my everything.
Praying that God will heal and make your mom whole.
BJames
There is power in prayer.....a power that won't be denied.
I'm so glad to read the good news in the update. Small steps....small steps.....
Hope you are resting some too. Take care. Still praying.....
Much love.
I am so glad to hear about the improvements. Your mom, you and your family have been in mine and Kyler's daily prayers.
Glad things are improving for your mom. I hope that you are taking care of yourself!!
I will continue praying for you and your family.
Lana
Post a Comment