Tuesday, November 25, 2008

News on Mom

Mom has been awake, laughing, and kidding around with us for the past couple of days. Such a nice change!! Today her kidney labs look a little better. Good news compared to yesterday's. Dialysis removed 8 punds yesterday!!! Mom's blood count is low today so she will be getting 2 units of blood. Mom's internal doctor said we just have to wait for her kidneys to return functioning and wait for the rash to get better.

Dr. Thomas examined her feet yesterday and said they looked good. His idea of looking good and ours is probably a bit different. For those of you who can handle viewing open wounds, I put a link down below to a picture of her left foot. Mom's feet are cleaned and rebandaged twice a day which puts mom in horrible pain. I am so glad I can be here to help her through this. There is also a picture of the rash on her arm. This rash covers her enitire body and causes extreme itching.

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z178/kimberlyklawson/?action=view&current=IMG00132.jpg

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z178/kimberlyklawson/?action=view&current=IMG00135.jpg

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking frequently for an update, so I'm so glad to hear good news! Please let your Mom know we're all praying for her.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart and yours. I do hope she continues to improve more and more each day. YOU young lady, take care of yourself!!
Lana

Raegan & Caleb said...

Glad to hear your Mom is improving.

Niki Arendale said...

Your mom is an amazing woman. Just as you are. I haven't called lately because I have been following your blog. But you are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. If you need anything just let me know. Hang in there.

James' Full House said...

Oh her feet do look good, the wounds look clean and pink. I hate that about her itching. Hopefully once her kidneys return their function they can give her something for that also. I am so happy she is doing better and is in good spirits. Prayers are a beautiful thing. We will continue with them. Keep us posted and Happy Thanksgiving.
Brandi James