Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Day on the Beach with Nanny and Papa

Of course, that is my daddy getting buried in the sand! My dad has always been a kid at heart and having grandkids has made him an even bigger kid!! And when it comes to the grandbabies, my mom usually isn't too far behind!

John Brady's turn!



Ok, people, this was moments before "The Attack". My little wave rider was just about to catch the big one when the big one caught her! I was perched on the beach, ready to get some good shots of my Em-Em riding the waves, when she turned around with a look of horror splashed across her face. I knew almost instantaneously that it must have been a jellyfish.

The jellyfish got her twice: on the arm and on the ankle. The area on her arm was really big and right in the bend of her arm you could see blood just under the skin. Some really nice folks beside us brought some pain relief cream to us and it helped tremendously. Apparently several people had been bitten! Two girls came over and told us they had used Windex on their stings and it worked really well. Yes, Emma recovered, but no more wave riding for her! She swore off the ocean water for the rest of the trip!

My kiddos stayed in the pool so much Brady threatened to take our next vacation at a hotel in Birmingham! He thinks he could get by a lot cheaper by doing that, but I would just have to occupy my time with shopping!! Better off at the beach, Shady!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Bless her heart. That just makes me cringe!
MeMe

hicksfamilycircus said...

Kim,
I love the pic of JB's head (buried in the sand). Glad Em is ok. That is awful.
And, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll make it through tomorrow. I just never imagined it would be so hard to let go. I will be a total lunatic at their weddings!!

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Sorry to hear that a jellyfish got Em. One got Olivia during our beach trip in June. Definetley not a fun experience.

Also, I love the picture of your dad and the kids playing in the sand. Such a sweet moment captured :)