Brady handled being Mr.Mom quite well, even with a sick John Brady. Mom and I had been on the road a couple of hours when daycare called to say John Brady had a fever. Brady was in Demopolis and had to cancel his appointments and head back to get him. I was pretty worried about the situation, but kept my fingers crossed that all would be ok. And it was. Brady had to give John Brady Motrin and Tylenol around the clock, but Brady was still able to buy groceries, cook dinner, take the kids to see the new Indiana Jones movie, and take them swimming!! WOW! The kids had a great time! Brady was on top of his game!!

Ok here is the story behind this picture: After eating at Doc's and a bit of shopping, we went driving along the coast looking at the beach houses. After a couple of miles I pulled into the driveway of a beach house to turn around. The tires started spinning and I realized we were stuck in sand!! Mom and I got out to assess the damage and then mom got in and tried to get the Yukon out of the sand. No such luck! Mom, not too happy at the moment, knocked on the door to the house, but no one would answer. It was after 10:00. Not sure if I would have answered either. Although mom was perturbed, I couldn't help but laugh. I started looking for my AAA card. Meanwhile, Mom starts digging the dirt from around the tires. I said what are you gonna do, dig us out? Mom whipped her head around and told me I better hush and keep looking for that AAA card!! Hee! Hee! After clearing each tire of the sand, mom got back in and spun the Yukon right out of there. Guess those years of watching dad get himself out of such places paid off; from 4 wheelers to dune buggies to mud trucks, my dad has done it. Finally we were able to head back to the room. I let mom drive us back. All the way back we laughed and laughed. So glad mom found the humor in it! I so wanted to take a picture of mom digging, but I didn't dare. Just had to settle for the picture of the "sandy" tire and running board.
No comments:
Post a Comment