Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Speaking of my birthday
There's been something missing from my birthdays for about two years now. Specifically, someone has been missing, and something has been missing for a a couple of years before that. You see, very, very early on the morning of my birthday my phone would ring. I would answer and shortly hear my Granny's voice say "Happy Birthday!" It was sort of a tradition with us. My Granny ALWAYS called me on the morning of my birthday. It was like she wanted to be sure I started my day as a birthday girl should! As expected with her declining health in the last few years of her life, so did the birthday calls. I don't know why this is on my mind. Maybe it's because John Brady's birthday was just a couple of days ago on January 20. Maybe it's because I had a flashback as I handed him my phone when his Nanny called him on his birthday. Maybe it's because you never lose a special bond even after death. No matter what it is, oh, how I cherish each and every one of those birthday calls. And oh, how I wish I could call her on her upcoming February 12th birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment