When it was officially announced that Bama would play Michigan in Cowboys Stadium, Brady said he very much wanted to go. Then we found out Tippa was giving Jamey tickets as a wedding gift. Well, Brady said we had to go and plans started rolling.
We left the Thursday before the game driving to West Monroe, Louisiana to stay the night AND visit the Duck Commander warehouse. We had become big Duck Dynasty fans and wanted to see the warehouse. It was before 8:30 a.m. when we arrived and it was raining. We noticed a newly added gift shop, but the sign said they didn't open until 9:00. When there was a break in the rain, we took a few pictures. Then a guy drove up and told us he worked at the shop and would open early since he knew Bama fans would be traveling through on their way to Dallas. Sweet! We bought Duck Commander bracelets for Emma and Abby and a duck call for John Brady. The biggest challenge was finding the right color t-shirt for my friend, Wendy, wanted us to pick up for her! Haha! No, we didn't see any of the Robertsons. We didn't ask if they were there, but felt like they were probably there. We were just thankful they opened the shop
early for us Bama fans!
We got into Dallas around lunch and met up with our friend, Raegan Clark Hanson, for lunch. It was so nice to catch up Raegan and get some good advice on driving around Dallas. After lunch we drove to Dover Saddlery to exchange some riding boots I had ordered for Emma. It just so happened that Emma figured out there was a Dover Saddlery in Dallas and we could just "run by there". Luckily Raegan helped us get there easily. We quickly checked into our hotel
and went to the airport to pick up Jamey and Tippa.
Later we went out for a nice dinner with the Feltmans. That night I started feeling bad with symptoms of a UTI so Brady and I went to a nearby, not so safe-feeling Wal-Mart for meds to get me through the night. It was THE scariest Wal-Mart ever! The next morning we found a walk-in clinic and the UTI was confirmed. Once I started feeling better, we started joking about how I should write reviews for walk-in clinics and their treatment of UTIs. It was becoming a terrible recurrence for me.
After getting some rest, we met Jamey and Tippa for a late lunch/early dinner and then it was time to go to the stadium. We had a parking pass for a Mexican restaurant that was fairly close to the stadium. We had planned to walk from the restaurant, but it was so HOT in Dallas, Tippa called a cab for us! Great thinking, Tippa! We were pretty much dropped off right at the entrance! After I saw several sweaty college girls in three-four inch high cowgirl boots,
I was thankful for smart friends and my Toms!
The stadium was AWESOME, as was the game! Brady and I sat beside a super nice couple from Birmingham. After the game, Jamey, Tippa, Brady, and I were eating at IHOP at midnight excitedly talking about the possibility of a national championship in Miami!! Well, here I am posting five months after that game and just days after Alabama claimed the national championship for the third time in four years!
Roll Tide Roll!!
I'm such the fan watcher. From the cute ones........
to the ummmmm, not so cute ones!
With the largest jumbotron ever staring you in the face,
it was difficult to keep my eyes on the actual field!

it was difficult to keep my eyes on the actual field!

Celebrating sweet victory with sweet friends!
Thanks Jamey and Tippa for a fabulous trip!!
What great memories we made!










No comments:
Post a Comment