Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Whatever Wednesday



I've been trying to come up with some healthier snacks for my bunch.  Lucky for me, my kids love fruit and they love peanut butter.  I found a fruit/veggie dip that was made from combining peanut butter and cool whip.  I love any recipe that sounds yummy and only has two ingredients!  I mixed a half cup peanut butter with a half cup of cool whip and boy, was it yummy!  I can't wait for my kiddos to try it!




Whole grains, whole grains, whole grains!  I hear this all the time on commercials, ads, cereal boxes,  etc.  I don't like whole grain bread (unless it's slathered with Amish butter).  I bought sandwich rounds (essentially pita bread) by Nature's Own.  They were much softer and looked easier to use for a sandwich than whole grain pita bread.  I made a turkey and cheese with a very thin layer of mayo on toasted sandwich rounds.  To add a bit more flavor I added bacon bits.  The sandwich tasted great!  Just wish I could have added a slice of a homegrown tomato on it!  :)


Brady saw my farmers market cookbook and some sweet potatoes on the counter.  He knows what is coming!  hee hee!


1 comment:

kimberly t. bowling said...

I wish you had one of my very own home grown tomatoes!! :) Maybe I'll drop on off one day soon! And that's a super idea about adding bacon bits...never thought about it!