Saturday, June 18, 2011

She found her niche

Abby takes guitar lessons and really enjoys it.  John Brady takes karate and enjoys it most of the time.  Emma has been without an activity since last December.  Ever since my dad bought horses Emma has been in love with them so what better way to foster her newfound love than to take horseback riding lessons!

Emma had a terrific first riding lesson this week!  Christie is her instructor and she is super nice.  I hope we didn't scare her when Emma's entourage showed up for the first lesson!  My dad took off work so he could be there for her first lesson and of course, mom came with him.  Emma, Abby, John Brady, me, mom, and dad all sat "corralside" watching every move.  It was all so interesting.  Makes me want to take lessons myself!  :)

I think Emma did just great for a first lesson!  Of course, I might be a tad bit biased.  ;)  After Emma chose a horse named Leon to ride, Christie first taught Emma how to saddle and tack him.  Emma even had to scrape and clean his hooves.  After her lesson, Emma had to remove the saddle and the tack and then take Leon to the shower stall and wash him.  Emma will be responsible for doing all of this at each lesson which I think is great!

Riding Leon like a pro!  


Emma guided Leon around each post all by herself!



And when John Brady wasn't playing with the crickets Papa brought for him, he was all about Christie's two little Jack Russell dogs, Patty and Penny.

2 comments:

Livistitches said...

She looks like a natural :) She needs some of those cute riding boots. (I always wanted some of those when I was a little girl).

kimberly t. bowling said...

Oh makes me want to take lessons too!! Maybe there's us a lunch date idea! :) And I'm so happy Emma is enjoying it, she does look like she's found her calling. :)