Friday, June 3, 2011

We took time to appreciate our teachers

We participated in the Apples of Gold Teacher Appreciation Banquet at our church back in April.  The church supplies the table, the white tablecloth, and the dinner.  We bring everything else, from the flatware, cups, and plates to the decorations.  Apples of Gold has become a fun little project I share with Joy each year.  Thank you again, Joy!  This year we decided to do a candy themed table so we decorated the table with Emma's, Abby's, and John Brady's favorite candies.  The candy made the table so bright and cheery!  I decided to get a little creative and make caramel apples to place in each plate.  They turned out really cute, but let's just say I will probably never make caramel apples again!  :)


My apple didn't turn out so well.  Actually, it didn't turn out at all.  Mine is the one on the left behind the yellow cup.  It's an impostor.  :)




Emma with Mrs. Hewitt and Mr. Hewitt


Abby with Mrs. Morgan and Maitland


John Brady with Mrs. Cole and Mrs. Galloway


Brady watched little Maitland (or rather Maitland watched as Brady make funny car sounds) while Mrs. Morgan went through the dinner line.


I do believe Brady still has the hang of it!  It's really not too late to add to our brood, honey!  ;)


A huge thanks to all of our teachers!!  You made the 2010-2011 school year a success!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Looks like you did pretty good to me!! Definitely my type of table with caramel and sugar but no chocolate!! I'm definitely jealous.

Joy said...

That's the first picture I have seen of the whole table. We did good! I am impressed with the caramel apples. My attempts have been pretty laughable.

kimberly t. bowling said...

I think the tablescape is so adorable...so colorful and happy! Who wouldn't smile to sit down to such as that? And the caramel apples look great to me too! This is such a sweet and thoughtful way to honor those special teachers. I know it makes their hearts so full.