
The night before Abby's birthday she couldn't go to sleep because "she was too excited". Since Abby and I were the only ones awake, I let her stay up and help me make treat bags for her classmates. We had lots of fun and shared an iced shortbread cookie when we were finished. There was one extra cookie and we sure didn't want it to go to waste! Afterwards Abby and I watched a little Hannah Montana until we both fell asleep on the couch. What a terrific birthday eve for a little girl and a mommy, too!
The next morning I made scrambled eggs and sausage (it was turkey sausage.....that's another story). I put a candle in Abby's sausage and we all sang happy birthday to our birthday girl. Abby had a wonderful day at school. She said it's so fun to celebrate your birthday on a school day because your name gets announced on the intercom and everyone wishes you a happy birthday. After we got home from school, Nanny called to wish Abby a happy birthday and to ask about her big day. Then a little later Abby got another call and it was from Uncle Josh so she had to tell him all about her day. So sweet! Abby enjoyed the spotlight and was grinning from ear to ear when she talked to Nanny and Uncle Josh. Thank you so much for calling!! After dinner I made brownie sundaes for everyone and gave Abby a birthday gift. It was an Alabama shirt with matching scarf and a gray skirt from Justice! It was so cute!
The next morning I made scrambled eggs and sausage (it was turkey sausage.....that's another story). I put a candle in Abby's sausage and we all sang happy birthday to our birthday girl. Abby had a wonderful day at school. She said it's so fun to celebrate your birthday on a school day because your name gets announced on the intercom and everyone wishes you a happy birthday. After we got home from school, Nanny called to wish Abby a happy birthday and to ask about her big day. Then a little later Abby got another call and it was from Uncle Josh so she had to tell him all about her day. So sweet! Abby enjoyed the spotlight and was grinning from ear to ear when she talked to Nanny and Uncle Josh. Thank you so much for calling!! After dinner I made brownie sundaes for everyone and gave Abby a birthday gift. It was an Alabama shirt with matching scarf and a gray skirt from Justice! It was so cute!
Thanks for all the blog birthday wishes!!
I will post pics from her birthday party at The Barnyard soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment