Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Abby's party at The Barnyard

Abby's 7th birthday party was at The Barnyard (http://www.tuscaloosabarnyard.com/).
It's a great place for a birthday party, field trip, or just a visit. The owners, Mrs. Kami and Mr. Daniel are such nice people and really love kids. Thanks so much to everyone for coming to Abby's party!!



Abby with a baby goat


Emma bottle fed a little pig


Ashlyn, Abby's classmate and friend



Maggie and Gracie, Abby's cousins



John Brady, Maggie, and Gracie




Emma Katharine (Abby's friend), Ashlyn and Faith (Abby's classmates and friend), Abby, and Emma on a boat ride with Mr. Daniel


Lawson (Abby's cousin) was thinking.........
hmmm, should I feed myself or the fish?


Joshua (family friend)


Allie (family friend), Clara Paige and Maggie/Gracie? (Abby's cousins), and John Brady





Emma


Emma Katharine



John Brady


Shawne and Mei-Anna


Clara Paige and Maggie/Gracie??



Abby


Papa, John Brady, and Allie
just shooting the breeze


Abby



Precious!!



Ride 'em cowgirl!!


Mei-Anna


One happy mama!! Just look at that smile!!
She was watching her precious Mei-Anna ride a horse.


Whirly pop, anyone?


The barn cupcake cake was yummy!


The wind kept blowing out the candles so.........


Uncle Dave improvised!!

Abby: What are you doing Uncle Dave??


The candles stayed lit long enough for Abby to blow them out! Yay!!
And that my friends, was one happy little girl!!



Awwww, how sweet is this picture??


Brady took this one. I'm not sure what this baby goat was doing, but I thought it was an interesting picture.







Ok, first, sorry for the hiney picture. Second, sorry I posted it. Third, I think this washing station should be named The Long Family Washing Station!



Abby got her first American Girl Doll!! She absolutely loves this doll!! This is one of the Just Like Me American Girl Dolls so she came without a name. Abby named her Sophia. She chose this name because of the movie Mama Mia. My children are addicted to this movie!! They watch it EVERYDAY and can sing all of the songs word for word!! Emma and Abby know the dance moves, too!!
So let me now introduce Miss Sophia Claire Lawson and Abby Lawson in their matching pjs! How fitting to give a "Just Like Me Doll" the middle name of your own name! That's our Abby!






Well, another birthday has come and gone. Brady and I were talking on our way home from The Barnyard about how many birthday parties we've hosted so far. Abby's marked our 19th birthday party!! WOW!! Now that's a lot of cake!! Over the years we've learned a lot and had loads of fun with each and every one!! There's nothing that compares to the smiles on the faces of our children!! :)

6 comments:

Lana said...

Looks like fun was had by all! It was great to see my long lost friend Kim P.!! and her two sweet children.

I absolutely LOVE how Abby's personality shines through your photos!
Well done!

hicksfamilycircus said...

The party was great. We loved it. Still talking about those baby bunnies at our house. I'm cracking up at your attempt to name the twins. Don't worry bout it. Just pick one. You have a 50/50 chance. And have you learned through all those parties that a sleepover for 8 year olds is hard work?? I sure did but it was fun none-the-less. Love you all!!

Joy said...

Cute post and I laughed out loud at the Long washing post. Abby's doll really looks like her and I got a rendition of Mamma Mia this afternoon. Fun party!
MeMe

Anonymous said...

We shall not let Brenna see the fun she missed! Looks like The Barnyard was a hit. Hope to see you guys soon!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Ooohh...that barn cake does look yummy!! Icing is my favorite! :)

I too loved seeing the pic of Kim P. smiling brightly at the joy of watching her sweet Mei-Anna! Precious moments.

Hate we missed the fun with animals...Tyner Beth LOVES animals.

The Cannons said...

Looks like so much fun!