Friday, April 11, 2008

It wasn't Abby!!

Well, it seems the luck of the Lawsons continues! At least it wasn't another one of our kids to get hurt! I woke up Wednesday morning with my left wrist hurting and noticed a big knot on the underside of it. The swelling continued along with the pain so on Thursday, I went to UOC, University Orthopaedic Clinic (where most of our money now goes). My doctor sent me for an ultrasound and MRI of my wrist that same day. The diagnosis: an intramuscular hemorrhage caused by an intramuscular tear. In layman terms: bleeding caused by a torn muscle in my wrist. Specifically, it's a muscle that connects to one of my fingers. I don't know how I did it. Maybe it's the 32 pounder I often pick up. I really don't recall hurting myself, but I guess stranger things have happened. I am so thankful that none of our accidents have been major, and thankful for my Blue Cross and AFLAC policies!! Brady, a plug for the duck!!

We will visit UOC again on Monday for Emma's recheck, so I maybe we will get good news on the fusing of her collar bone!!

In the meantime, Brady will try to keep us all in line!! Might be a tall order!

3 comments:

hicksfamilycircus said...

OH My Gosh!!

Anonymous said...

This is really bad!! Hope you feel better soon. Bet you are on a first-name basis at the doctor's office!!

Dave Long said...

They should offer a "Treat three and get one free" deal or something. You certainly qualify.