Wednesday, July 25, 2007

HE SAID, SHE SAID, AND SHE SAID

The other day Nanny was giving John Brady a bath and he said, "Get in Nanny, get in!"



When Brady gets Emma from daycamp, she says, Daddy, when are we getting "the kids" (referring to Abby and John Brady).



I was vacuuming when Abby Claire unplugged it. I said no ma'am you are NOT to do that and she plugged it back in. I said no, I meant not to touch the outlets! She said, "Why, because I'll be bacon????"



When we got home from Emma's tonsillectomy, and after she took a very long nap, she said, "Mommy, when are they going to take my tonsils out?"



Nanny and PaPa were on all fours playing "horsey" with the kids; PaPa had Emma and Abby on his back and Nanny had John Brady on hers. When John Brady realized Nanny hurt her back, he said, "Want to get on my back?"



Emma got another visit from the tooth fairy who left her usual $5 (nice, huh), but forgot to leave the "tooth pouch". I told Emma maybe she didn't look very good. When no one was watching I ran to their room and tossed the pouch under the sheets. Later Abby found the pouch under the sheets, and she told Emma, "How nice of the tooth fairy to drop it back down!"



MeMe sent this email to me: Emma was asleep this afternoon and Abby was watching tv. I knew Brady would be home around 5. I had to go to Rite Aid and Wal Mart. So I went in your bathroom and put on some make up. I came back into the living room and sat down on the sofa and was playing with Cooper. Abby came over to pet the cat. I noticed she was looking at me very intently. finally she asked me what I had on my face. I told her I had put on some make up. She asked why. I told her I had to do some shopping and did not want people to see my face without make up on. She looked straight into my face for a few minutes and then said "MeMe your face is pretty without make up". Talk about making my day. I am still smiling. --MeMe

Sometimes when Nanny gets Em from school of daycamp, she takes her to McDonald's to "play" (yeah, right). One day some "big" boys were playing and got a little rough with Emma which really upset Nanny. Before Nanny could set those boys straight, they left. A few weeks after this incident, Nanny got Em from school and Em said, "Nanny, will you take me to play at McDonald's?" Nanny said sure and then Em said, "Will those boys be there?" Nanny said, "Which boys, those black boys?" Emma said, "No, those brown boys." Through the eyes of a child, huh?

John Brady was climbing into his carseat when he dropped his snack bag and he said, "Awww, nuts!"




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could write a book!

Brady said...

By nad, "A Bacon" is funny it just is