Emma is doing surprisingly well after the T & A. The picture was taken this morning; she is making tents in the living room for Abby, John Brady, and herself!! She has a good appetite and is drinking well. The real shocker: she is taking her pain meds without even the tiniest fuss, even at 2:45 a.m.!!!!!! I am giving her pain meds every 3 hours around the clock, and boy, this brings back those late night, early morning feedings!!I know we aren't out of the woods yet, for the third day post-op can be the worst.
Oh, she has a very funny voice, especially when the pain meds kick in, and Brady and I haven't said anything about it. Leave it to Abby Claire to get home from school and immediately declared, "Mommy, she's talking funny!!" Emma then wanted to know if she really was, and I explained it. She usually gets mad when Abby says things like that, but this time she didn't get too upset.
Emma has informed Abby and John Brady that the yogurt, jell-o, the pudding, the ice cream, etc. are for her so they are not to eat it!!! "I have to eat SOFT foods," Emma told her sister and brother. I told her if we need to we can get more, so she told me this morning we needed to go shopping at Publix!!
Well, gotta go. The kiddos are calling!
3 comments:
I am glad Emma is doing so good. I am REALLY PROUD that she is taking her pain medication like a big girl! I love you!
Courtney and I are very glad to hear that Emma is doing well. Give her our best!
And I am glad Emma is doing so good too. Just keep the ice cream coming.
Post a Comment