Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wasting is a hang up of mine

My friend and I have been joking about this for a while now.  It came to my mind again as I scraped for two days to get the last drop of mayonnaise out of the jar. Yes, I am a toothpaste tube squeezing, paper thin soap bar using, upside down bottle draining, til I see fuzzy contact wearing kind of girl! 
 I admit it.
Down to the last drop.

I couldn't help but laugh this morning when I saw this in my shower.  
At least three upside down bottles and a thinning bar of soap.


Oh, and I've been known to microwave plastic bottles to get that last little bit.  
I've assured Brady that much to his disbelief I'm not the only one who does this.

3 comments:

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Lots of upside down bottles around here too. More so because I HATE going to store verses that I am trying to save money though :)

Kim Lawson said...

Jennifer, I think I need to change the title of the post. For me, it's more about not wanting to waste than saving money. I think it's one of my OCD behaviors! :)

Joy said...

Bless Emma , Abby and JB3. They will be getting a double dose of this.....I use things to the last drop and then add water! I use it even if I don't like it. Can't stand to waste things. Just look in the drawers in my bathroom at the little hotel bottles. I have actually spent a couple of days putting all the shampoo into one bottle...emptying out one every time i passed by. I thought I was the only one!