Since baby Lily arrived the day before the marathon, Brady and I decided we would stay overnight at a hotel in Birmingham. The hotel was only a few blocks away from Linn Park where the marathon was taking place. Saturday morning we were able to sleep a little later, enjoy breakfast at the hotel, and not be in such a rush to get to the marathon. Of course, my mom and dad STILL beat us to there! I spotted them first thing standing next to the big rock waiting for us.
Even though the getting to the marathon was less stressful, the wrangling of three children in three different running divisions was another story! It wasn't as crowded when Emma's group(5th grade) started, but by the time John Brady's group(1st grade)ran, it was a hot mess, or should I say a COLD mess! It was probably one of the coldest marathons we've participated in, but it was so worth it! Once Emma went through the finish line, I realized Brady, who had the claim tickets for all the kids, had been standing with Abby at the starting line and probably hadn't made it to the finish line to retrieve Emma. I took off to the finish line because I didn't want her to not have anyone waiting there for her. As I headed to the "cage", I was very happy to see the back of Uncle Josh's head waiting there for Emma. He waited for Emma and I ran back to get pictures of Abby since the 4th graders had already started.
Thanks Uncle Josh!
When it was time for John Brady (mom and dad had been hanging on to him) to go to the starting line, we couldn't find any of his Northport Elementary friends so Brady got in line with him. And just like the good daddy he is, Brady ended up running with him, too!
Emma, Abby, and John Brady all did great and received their 2012 medals to add to their collections!! Way to go kiddos!!
Emma's 6th and final Mercedes Kids Marathon :-(
After the marathon we went to Macaroni Grill for Emma's birthday lunch.
Emma loved the horse grooming items and the handy dandy bag we gave her!
















1 comment:
Way to go Lawson Kiddos! Aw, that makes me sad it was Em's last race too...how does this happen???? And who knows how to stop the whole growing up process????
When I went to school at night at UAB, I worked at the courthouse and when a pretty day rolled around I would love to eat lunch in Linn Park.
Post a Comment