Friday, August 12, 2011

Fancy Schmancy!!

Over the summer HPES got a new computer system.  Yesterday I went to HPES to do an orientation with the student photographers, so I went to the front desk window to sign in on the volunteer page of the binder that has been in the window since at least 2006.  Low and behold the sign in binder was gone!  The old binder was replaced with a big, beautiful monitor and keyboard!!

All visitor check ins/outs, student check ins/outs, volunteer check ins/outs, student intern check ins/outs, etc. are now computerized!  Very cool and efficient!  And it takes your picture!  When I finished and clicked ok, this handy dandy sticker printed with my picture on it!  No more printed labels!  Ok, so not the greatest picture!  It was my first time.  Feel a much better pose coming for next time!  ;-)




3 comments:

Amanda McCrory said...

That is Super Cool and High tech!! We have always used a Computer at Vance to sign in/out or visit and it prints a label to wear but not with a picture. That's just Awesome!

Joy said...

Oh my, you will have to walk me through it or.....I can yell for Kim Porter!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Totally Cool and so much more efficient!!