Our dear, sweet friends, the Porter Family
Monday, July 25, 2011
My heart smiled
Last Thursday was our Porter play date. The kids and I visited Kim, Joshua, and Mei-Anna at their house for play and pizza. We hadn't seen them all summer so it was a real treat! While we were there, Abby was looking at the pictures on their frig. She found a picture of Shawne, Kim, and Joshua with many other parents and their adopted children on their "Gotcha Day" taken in China. The other picture was very similar, but it was Mei-Anna's "Gotcha Day". Abby asked about the pictures so Kim explained that one was the day they got Joshua and the other was the day they got Mei-Anna. Abby's eyes got HUGE and she leaned to me and whispered, "They are adopted?" I told her yes, they are adopted. Abby said, very seriously, "I had no idea!" Abby certainly made my heart smile! Hope she made Kim's do the same!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is very sweet!!
Oh, my heart smiled a mile wide too! I love this post. Rivers had Kim for a teacher in 1st grade, during the course of their adoption of Joshua. It was a wonderful blessing to witness, so up close and personal, God knitting their family together across the world. Rivers will always have Kim on his favorite teacher list...
It was a couple of years later though, when he was about Abby's age, that we were down at their home for a visit to spend some time with Joshua and their new sweet girl, MeiAnna. I will never forget when we were driving home, Rivers with a big smile on his face and a heart full of love, "Mama, do you think Mrs. Porter will tell them they were adopted?".
Still makes me smile and fight back the tears even today. They are a precious, PRECIOUS family.
Post a Comment