Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fun Times at Fort Morgan Beach 2011

The kids loved the big waves!











Thank you Uncle Josh for buying us a whale!






Bed head from behind



Bed head from the front





Uh-oh!  Lawson's float capsized!




Look at these smiles!!  Priceless!!




Uncle Josh was a super, duper big help dismantling and hauling our "camp"!


The big crab hunt!



Poor Abby!  She ended up with a terrible case of swimmer's ear.  The infection called for ibuprofen, ear drops, antibiotic, and a plug.  When I told Brady how much the ear drops cost, he said well, please don't miss!    haha!  I was able to put my audiology skills to good use and make a custom ear plug for her.  Her infection got so bad I ended up taking her to another doctor after we got home.  Her ear canal was COMPLETELY swollen shut!  Abby was in so much pain it made me want to cry.  The doctor put a wick in and within one day she was feeling so much better!





Now that's a lot of stuff!

4 comments:

Courtney Long said...

wow - i didn't realize her ear was that bad! bless her heart!

Joy said...

Bed head pictures are too funny!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Aw, poor Abs...I remember (thankfully only maybe twice in our career as parents) my Rivers as a toddler having an earache due to an infection/sickness, and we had to do hot compresses for him to lay his head on to receive any comfort for even a short while. The doctor said ear pain is one of the worst for kids...it was excruciating to watch as his mama and not be able to fix it immediately. Anyway, all that to say, I'm glad you were able to help her and glad she's doing much better now!

Love all the pics...those colorful floats make for some great shots!

Kim Lawson said...

Abby was pitiful. It's by far the worst one she has ever had. While at the clinic in Gulf Shores, I looked in her ear with the otoscope and could tell it was badly infected. As the days went by, she kept getting worse instead of better. I was giving her drops and antibiotic plus ibuprofen and acetaminophen around the clock and that went on for 4-5 days. I took her to a clinic here and when I looked in her ear with the otoscope, I could see it was completely swollen shut. No wonder she wasn't getting better! The drops couldn't even get into her ear. So once the doctor saw it she had to squeeze a wick in her ear canal to open it so the drops could flow through the wick down into the area of infection. That's when I almost cried myself. It was awful! I was so glad when she felt better!