Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emma's 4th grade Montgomery Field Trip: Visiting the Capitol, the State House, and The State House of Archives and History


Back in March I went with Emma on her 4th grade field trip to Montgomery.  It was one of the best field trips of the year.  Our tour guide was a former teacher and did an awesome job throughout the tour.  I sat beside her during lunch and thoroughly enjoyed talking with her!  



I found the painting technique on the ceiling to be fascinating.  There is a name for the technique, but I can't for the life of me remember it!  The technique gives the illusion of space and depth on a flat surface.  So the picture below is actually a flat surface, not tiles!  Cool!


The kids are looking up at the beautiful view that can be seen in the two pictures after this one.






Sure wish we could have been there when it was in session!  We were, however, very lucky to have our very own, Senator Gerald Allen speak with us for a while we were there.



At the end of the tour, our very own Governor Bentley met with each 4th grade class (HPES has 6 in all) for a picture!


Emma and her BFF, Daisy


Pics by Emma




Emma took a picture of me taking a picture of her


Here's another example of the 3 dimensional painting technique I still can't think name!  It's beautiful!





Fun times with my girl!  :)

No comments: