Saturday, February 20, 2010

Add a pearl necklaces

For Emma's second Christmas and Abby's first Christmas, Brady and I decided to get them add a pearl necklaces. Each year I try to add a couple of pearls to each necklace, usually at Christmas or on birthdays. The pearls you see on their necklaces now will eventually be the ones in the back as we start adding larger pearls.

Although the girls don't get real excited over their "pearl gifts"(pearls aren't as cool as Nintendos, dolls, or hermit crabs), adding to their pearl necklaces is very near and dear to my heart. I love knowing each pearl was selected and bought at various times throughout their lives.

Precious pearls for my precious girls.


3 comments:

Joy said...

Wow, don't they look pretty. I remember how little they were when they first started wearing them.
MeMe

Amanda McCrory said...

I love that! They are beautiful. Every mother should do something special like that for their daughters I would have never even thought of it. Thank you so much for sharing.

kimberly t. bowling said...

That is certainly a wonderful idea. We already have TB some pearl earrings to give her for a big birthday, like maybe when she turns a decade or when she becomes a "teen", but this is a fantastic idea...I'll have to start her a strand! And I love the thoughts of remembering all sorts of special times associated with them instead of just one gift giving occasion!