Brady drove as close to Linn Park as he could and let me, the kids, and mom and dad out to save time. We barely got to the park when I heard them call for the third graders to start. I was in a panic so I grabbed the kids, left mom and dad, and disappeared into the crowd. I dragged the kids through a sea of 2nd graders and parents. By this time the 2nd graders were lining up! Oh, no! That's Abby's group! So I dropped everything to the snow covered ground and was completely all thumbs trying to pin Emma's number on her shirt. I got it on and shoved her through the barrier to start the 3rd grade marathon all by herself. All of the other thrid graders were way ahead. Bless her heart!
Then I had to find all the safety pins that I had thrown on the ground but only found two for Abby's number. Got Abby's number pinned on and shoved her through the barrier and then I dragged John Brady to catch up with Emma so I could get some shots of her. I didn't know where mom and dad were and didn't know where Brady was but I was determined for my girls to get their medals and to get pics of them running. Finally, just before Emma passed where I was standing, Brady found us. Yea!! Emma came by and we cheered and cheered. Brady went to the finish line to get Emma (parents have to present a ticket for their child to be released to them), and John Brady and I walked closer to the finish line to wait for Abby. It wasn't long before she came by running as fast as her legs could carry her! Yea! Abby!! Later Abby said her number kept slapping her in the face. I said that's what happens when momma can only find 2 safety pins in the snow!
Whew!! They did it!! Emma and Abby finished the marathon. Emma received her 4th Mercedes Marathon medal and Abby received her 3rd. I was so proud of them!! They both ran without their classmates and probably did the best they ever have! Way to go girls!!
Now, where's my medal? After all of that I sure felt like I had ran in the marathon!! Of course, it was all worth it! :)
After playing in the snow for a bit, we went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. MeMe, Pops, Courtney, and Lawson met us there for lunch and we had a lot of yummy cheesecake to celebrate Emma's birthday again (that's another story).
It truly was a great day! :)












4 comments:
Way to go kiddos! Glad y'all got some snow.
What great memories you are building for you and the kids!!
Phew .. I feel like I ran a marathon just reading your post. Way to go Girls (and especially Mom)!
Great job girls...and mom!!:) Wow, Emma is getting really tall, or that pic is deceiving...and it looks like JB is gonna be taller than his sisters before long!!
Post a Comment