Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Sweet Stocking Story

Several years ago, in 2002, when Emma was 21 months old and Abby was 3 months old, I wanted to order monogrammed stockings for the family. I picked out stockings and was ready to order, but kept stalling. I knew in my heart that Brady and I would have (hopefully) at least one more child and I, of course, wanted all of the stockings to match AND have the same style of monogramming. I know...picky, picky! I ordered five matching stockings and ordered them ALL to be monogrammed. It was probably the most impulsive thing I've ever done. Well, not really, but let's not go there. ;) Brady thought I had lost my mind. My coworkers were a bit leery. BUT when John Brady Lawson, III was born in 2005, I already had a monogrammed stocking tucked away just for him!



Every Christmas when I unpack the stockings and hang them, I always smile thinking about it. I love Christmas and all of the memories it brings!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Hmmmm. You're most impulsive thing didn't involve a late night infomercial purchase did it?

kimberly t. bowling said...

Awww...that is a sweet stocking story...and a wonderful memory (a dream come true!)

Love y'all--have a Merry Christmas!