You might be thinking about this title. You might be thinking about the time of this post, especially on a Saturday morning. You might be thinking "wow! two posts in two days!" Well, you see I am wide awake since I went to bed at 6:00 pm last night. I am sick with what I think is a really bad sinus infection. I haven't been sick since I left my ENT job which was about 7 months ago. So for that I have been so thankful. But at the same time, I am really ticked. The timing is definitely a bummer! I am finally getting a bit of down time from the Christmas rush in the photog business and today is the Lawson family Christmas at Brady's granny's house. I missed the last Lawson family gathering and have been looking forward to this one.
So here I am wide awake after my Tylenol PM-induced coma and I remember this teeny tiny piece of paper Emma brought home this week. One evening this week Emma asked me if was ok to have a boyfriend. I surely didn't expect this from her so I tried to be as casual as possible. She said, "I have a boyfriend. It's Hayden." I asked if she was his girlfriend, trying to pick my words carefully. You know, it's one thing for a little girl to say she has a boyfriend, and well, it's another for the boyfriend to be in on the said relationship! She said yes. I said oh, ok. Not thinking much more about it or at least not trying to, Emma went to her backpack and dug out this itsy bitsy piece of torn paper with a phone number on it. She said matter of factly, "See. he gave me his phone number." Oh, wow! Exchanging of phone numbers. That's a BIG thing.
And even though we should be a little worried, Brady and I are really ok about it. You see, Hayden's daddy grew up with Brady. We've known the family for a very long time and we love them dearly. Although we aren't condoning a true girlfriend/boyfriend relationship (for goodness sakes she's ONLY 8 1/2), we are very happy it is Hayden. Ahhh, sweet and innocent puppy love. So cute, but oh, how my baby girl is growing up and how that makes my heart ache. Much worse than this sinus ache!!

So here I am wide awake after my Tylenol PM-induced coma and I remember this teeny tiny piece of paper Emma brought home this week. One evening this week Emma asked me if was ok to have a boyfriend. I surely didn't expect this from her so I tried to be as casual as possible. She said, "I have a boyfriend. It's Hayden." I asked if she was his girlfriend, trying to pick my words carefully. You know, it's one thing for a little girl to say she has a boyfriend, and well, it's another for the boyfriend to be in on the said relationship! She said yes. I said oh, ok. Not thinking much more about it or at least not trying to, Emma went to her backpack and dug out this itsy bitsy piece of torn paper with a phone number on it. She said matter of factly, "See. he gave me his phone number." Oh, wow! Exchanging of phone numbers. That's a BIG thing.
And even though we should be a little worried, Brady and I are really ok about it. You see, Hayden's daddy grew up with Brady. We've known the family for a very long time and we love them dearly. Although we aren't condoning a true girlfriend/boyfriend relationship (for goodness sakes she's ONLY 8 1/2), we are very happy it is Hayden. Ahhh, sweet and innocent puppy love. So cute, but oh, how my baby girl is growing up and how that makes my heart ache. Much worse than this sinus ache!!

7 comments:
OH Kim. I'm not ready for this. I know you aren't. :)
Hope you can make it today.
PS- love the carefully place silly bands on her backpack. Haha!!
Welcome to the world of BOYFRIENDS! I know it makes you smile...but I know your heart is aching on an entirely different level! :( Tell Emma I said "You go girl!" lol. Hope you feel better soon. I love you and miss you.
P.S. Whitney LOVED the Christmas card!!
Oh my. I had no idea the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing started this early! Guess I'll start preparing myself now. :)
I'm with you on the sickness having awful timing...seriously, why can't we be sick Dec. 26th if we must?
Anyhoo...that is such a cute story...exchanging numbers...oh, how life is flying by.
oh my. so cute.
I say lock her up now. Its get WORSE and you will not have that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Sara didn't listen to me when I kept telling her boys are bad, boys are bad, boys are bad.......Start now!!!
I have counseling classes on my Christmas wish list... Sara will be 16 on January 8th. I am NOT ready to let go! So LOCK HER UP NOW! :)
and Merry Christmas!
Hope you're feeling better soon! It does start way too early. Brenna had 2 boys get into an argument over her a few weeks ago. Fortunately, the teacher said Brenna did nothing to instigate the argument between them, they were just arguing over which of them was "going out" with her. Agree with Lana, we MUST LOCK THEM UP NOW!
Post a Comment