After I dropped off one of my Girl Scouts at her house on Saturday morning, we arrived home and Abby hopped in the shower, and got dressed for Lizann's birthday party. Brady took Abby to Lizann's party and then went to Berry to get John Brady. I got ready for my 11:00 photo session and was finished by the time Brady got back. I visited with John Brady for a bit and then Brady and John Brady headed to Birmingham for some father/son time. Brady had tickets for Disney's Imagination Movers performance at the Alabama Theatre and hotel reservations so he could take John Brady swimming in their indoor pool.
Emma helped me with all three of my photo sessions on Saturday. Her friends started arriving around 5:30 for the birthday sleep over. Abby spent the night with Lizann and no she didn't mind missing Emma's sleep over because "Emma's friends wouldn't play with her anyway". Emma's friends, Haylee, Braylee, Graycn, Maddie, Tyner Beth, Clara Paige, and Fernanda all spent the night. During this I get a message from Brady that said as he was checking into the hotel, he found out the hotel's pool was "OUT OF ORDER"!!! Brady, being the awesome dad he is, found another hotel with a working pool so he got a refund and headed to the other hotel!
My great friend, Christy and her sweet Allie brought pizzas to the house for us and stayed for a while. Thank goodness for my wonderful friend and cousin-in-law, Michele Hicks who stayed the entire night and helped me keep my sanity!!! Even though we "put" the girls to bed around 10:30, but they did not go to sleep until 2:00 a.m.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, yes! And they were up the next morning at 5:45 a.m.!!!!!!!!!!! On the bright side, Michele and I did get to catch up and have some great adult conversation. It's so nice to talk to someone who has similar family craziness as me! LOL!
After a pancake and bacon breakfast and lots of trampoline time (thankful for the warm weather!), most of the girls were gone by 12ish. Brady and John Brady picked up Abby from Lizann's on their way back from Birmingham. Brady stayed for a bit after they got home, and then he made a trip to the grocery store, well, a couple of stores. When he got back, I hurried and left the house around 1:30 for another photo session leaving Brady to handle the kiddos and cook catfish fillets, fries, coleslaw, and hush puppies for our family birthday dinner for Emma which included Nanny, Papa, MeMe, Pop, Uncle Dave, Aunt CiCi, Lawson, and us! I got back around 4:45 to help with whatever I could and then we enjoyed a delicious meal and Emma blew out her candles, again! And then she opened presents, everyone left, the kids got ready for bed, and I stayed up doing laundry and placing picture orders!!
Whew!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say I am glad last week is over!
Now we just get to start all over again, but this time without the birthday bash!!! This week we only have gymnastics, my photog class, Girl Scouts, a field trip to the McWane Center (Emma's class), the Mercedes Marathon, and a Girl Scout cookie sale! So here we go again!
Thank you all for celebrating Emma's birthday with us. Emma felt very special and very much loved!
Now for some pics!
The Girl Scouts McWane Camp In:






5 comments:
WOW you have been busy!!! I love Emma's American Girl Doll. I absolutely can not wait to get to buy Olivia one. I am glad she had a great birthday!!!
We loved being there Kim. And it was nice to get to catch up with you. I am still a bit tired but that goes with the territory.
I just thought I was busy.... Wowwwy you need a break. It's all good, right. There are worse things then being crazy busy with our family. They are only little once.
How is your mom doing, she looked great in the pics you posted.
Brandi
When you stop seeing blog posts, you will know why!!
Wow. So Busy. Glad Emma had a fun birthday.
Post a Comment