Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!!!

Today is my Em-Em's 8th birthday!!! Eight years ago today at about this time (9:20 am), I gave birth for the very first time. I delivered a beautiful 5lb, 7 oz baby girl with the thickest black hair I had ever seen. It was an amazing day and one that I will never forget. All of our family was waiting outside the door and could hear Emma's first cry. A beautiful sound. Then our entire family entered our room and met Emma for the first time. A moment I hold very dear to my heart.

Happy Birthday to my Emma! My love for you is "gi-normous"!!! You amaze me everyday with your loving personality and your endless talents. Happy day, sweetheart!




This is Emma's birthday cake and it's a picture that Brady sent to me via cellphone after he picked it up from Donna Norwood (she makes the best cakes!!) Friday night. The girls and I were at a Girl Scout camp-in at the McWane Center. I do have birthday pics to post, but haven't had time. Still trying to catch up from our busy week and weekend! As my friend, Christy, pointed out to me this morning, "You know Kim's been busy when she's late getting the "Happy Birthday post"on the blog. More posts and pics to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! We love you!

Uncle Dave, Aunt CiCi, & Lawson

The Cannons said...

Happy B-Day! The cake was precious.