As I was doing mom's Christmas shopping for her, I came across the Cupcake Maker, which was a 2008 popular toy for young girls. So I stuck it in the cart thinking about the cute cupcakes the girls and I could make. The day after Christmas, we opened the box and dove right into making cupcakes. Well, the Cupcake Maker wasn't all it was cracked up to be! Especially the icing part. I wish I had a pic of the cupcake flying through the air from pushing the "icing lever" too hard! It was quite funny! Another tidbit.....microwaved cupcakes just don't compare to the real baked ones! Sucker, I tell you! I am a sucker for buying this gadget! Sorry for wasting your money, mom! Though, not as sorry as I would have been wasting my own moolah! ;) Anyway, I don't recommend buying it. If you want a good laugh, I can certainly let you borrow ours!





Oh, and I just remembered, I bought the Cupcake Maker DELUXE!!
Pretty sure I have sucker written across my forehead!
5 comments:
I bought Brenna one just like it, but haven't heard how she did making cup cakes.
I love the pics, especially the one of John Brady with his chefs hat on.
Love the kids cooking attire. Too cute!!!!
they look like "top chefs" to me! did the accessories come with the deluxe kit? very cute!
Kim, don't tell me that, Madi wanted one so bad. Everytime she saw one her eyes would light up and she would get that wiggly excitment just thinking about it. I too have visions of us making cupcakes together and decorating them. Now those visions are not so great esp the icing flying across the room part. SIGH>>>>>> I have enough messes with my 1 year old. I will still keep it as it is in the box still- not enough time in our day. She is so looking forward to it. I wonder if can you make your own cupcakes and use it to decorate them? I read the ingredients and it is gluten , wheat, nut, and egg free- and cooked in the microwave- sounds toooooo yummy for me. No thanks madi mommy started her new years diet- go give it to DAD.
BJames
Aunt CiCi, no, the accesories didn't come with it, but it is by Girl Gourmet (like the cupcake maker set). I found them online and had to buy those, too!! I actually found JB3's attire at Barnes and Noble. The set did come with a cupcake display and really cute boxes to place them in to give as gifts.
Brandi, the set is really cute, but I think you can decorate easier using the old fashioned tips and icing bags. We will definitely try it again. We have LOTS of cake mixes and frosting mixes left.
Post a Comment