Thursday, October 2, 2008

Something Was Missing

When Brady and I got back from our cruise, we were so happy to see the kids and their smiling faces, but there was something missing. Make that a few somethings.






Did you see it? Look at the picture again. Yep, Cooper's whiskers! MeMe and Pops kept the children Sun-Tues and on Tuesday, Pops kept John Brady while MeMe left for a trip. My mom picked up the girls, took them to our house, and relieved Pops. Mom said that night while they were all in the bed, Cooper jumped on the bed with them. Mom stared at Cooper, then, put two and two together. Mom remembered seeing these white hairs and tuffs of hair on the table along with some scissors. At some point during the day while John Brady was with Pops, he cut Cooper's whiskers off and cut the hair on Cooper's head!!! Oh, and a few eyebrows, too! Since our life is extra crazy, I don't think we ever asked Pops about it, so I doubt he even knows about it.
And that's not the end. JB3 went on another cutting spree! Apparently this spree happened while we were in bed and John Brady was supposed to be in his bed.......sleeping! The next morning I found cut up coupons beside his bed, then cut up strings from his backpack, then a tuft of blonde hair (not sure if it was his or Abby's), then cut ribbon in the girls' room, then this....................................






He cut all of these things with school scissors! When I told John Brady he was not supposed to use the scissors without Mommy or Daddy, he said, "But I tip-toed." Well, at least he tried not to wake us! That should make us feel better, right? Now, we have hidden ALL the scissors, no matter what kind!!

5 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

LOL....Kim I know I probably shouldn't laugh about all this, but bless his heart, he put a smile on my face!!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Ahhh....takes me back to the Hair Incident at my house several months ago. I think it must be a right of passage for some kids.

Joy said...

I am cracking up and Pop is saying "yes, I took some scissors away from him" but he did not see the whiskers! What a boy.
MeMe

Raegan & Caleb said...

I'm impressed he could keep the cat still while he cut the whiskers!

Anonymous said...

This was really a funny story until I got to the curtains. I am sure it ceased to be funny to yall then.