Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Angel

One of Abby's classmates lost her mother unexpectedly Tuesday morning. I didn't know this until last night when I was reading a note from Abby's teacher, Ms. Thomas. So very sad. Ms. Thomas sent home a piece of construction paper for Abby to draw something for Madelyn. I was working on my laptop when Abby sat down across from me to draw a picture for Madelyn. She had been drawing for a while when I peered over my screen to see Abby carefully drawing, with her left hand (she is right handed), the most beautiful angel! When Abby finished she brought it over for me to see. I so wish I had taken a picture, but I was too caught up in it to think. Under the angel she had written: Madelyn, I am sore yor Mom dide. Abby told me the angel was Madelyn's mommy. It was the sweetest thing EVER!

I can not begin to understand what this family is facing. Madelyn's mother's name was Ashley Sims and her obituary is in today's Tuscaloosa News. Madelyn has two younger sisters, ages 4 and 2. Please keep this family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I read that obit this morning. Had no idea it would hit so close to home! Oh, the sweet innocence of children. If only this little girl wasn't about to have to meet the grown up world too quickly.....so sad.
MeMe

hicksfamilycircus said...

This is just so sad. What a precious thing for Abby to do. Oh the innocence of childhood. Sometimes I wish I could get it back.