Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another year older

I have to say I haven't been looking forward to turning another year older. This morning I realized how selfish I was being. I began thinking of how many ways I have been blessed by being on this earth another year.


  • another year in a wonderful marriage with the love of my life

  • another year of being with my beautiful children and seeing them grow and learn

  • another year of being healthy

  • another year of having a terrific family and support system

  • another year of having fantastic friends

  • another year of maturing as a mother, wife, daughter, aunt, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and friend

  • another year closer to becoming a full time photographer (my dream job)

And the list could go on and on. Getting older is truly a blessing! So Happy Birthday to me and a big thanks to all of you who helped make this past year SPECTACULAR!!!

7 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Kim!
MeMe

The Deavours Family said...

Happy Birthday Kim!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you...CHA CHA CHA! My kids love doing that....and I guess I do too!! :)

Hope your day is wonderful, with all your blessings, I am sure it will be superb. And by the way, you seem to be very close to making your dream job a reality.

Courtney has a post up with a photo for your birthday also.....is that a picture of your cake exploding from all the candles?!!?? HA!

Love ya!

Cassie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You so need to post a glamour shot of your self all photoshopped to look 15 to this post! :)

Disclaimer: You by no means look as though you have "age" to have to photoshop out... it just sounded funny! :)

The Cannons said...

HAPPY BDAY! Aren't we all "too blessed to be depressed!"

hicksfamilycircus said...

Happy late bday. I had forgotten both our bdays were in October!!

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Happy Birthday Kim!!